A FORMATTED MESSAGE MANEGEMENT SYSTEM
MESSMAN is a formatted message management tool that enables superior/subordinate units or ordinary users to generate formatted messages which are understandable by both qualified staff and computer systems, routing these messages among clients, and processing them (constructing and inserting messages to C2 databases).
Main role of MESSMAN is supposed to be message generation based on a previously accepted collection of rules. As a first aim, MESSMAN will provide necessary APIs for generation of all ADatP-3 messages. ADatP-3 messages conform to NATO MTF System (CONFORMETS) definition rules and MESSMAN will succeed generation of messages other than ADatP-3 messages, regardless of the standart, as long as the message definition provided is in comformance with MTF definition rules.
"Standardisation of MESSAGES used for information exchange will improve interoperability between different national and NATO authorities and systems. To that end, the NATO Message Text Formatting System (CONFORMETS) provides the rules, constructions and vocabulary for standardised CHARACTER-ORIENTED MESSAGE TEXT FORMATS (MTF) that can be used in both manual and computer-assisted operational environments".
With the general message format, which is recognised by different national and NATO authorities, defined; there is a need for a system that will help managing, generating, validating and processing formatted messages. MESSMAN, as a compact system, aims to provide some of these services as core capabilities while providing different mapping tools for remaining subset of these services.
- Pure JAVA/Platform Independent
- Highly Customizable API
- A tool to Manage; Message Processing, Parsing, Formatting, Validating and Send & Receiving of NATO MTF System (CONFORMETS) Formatted Messages such as AdatP-3, USMTF, OTH-GOLD...
- Compliant to NATO JC3IEDM/C2IEDM/LC2IEDM & TU Land Forces KKBDVM Data Models (limited Messages)
- Message Processing, Parsing, Formatting, Validating and Send & Receiving of TU Armed Forces MEFORS Formatted Messages
- On-the-Fly real time Message Validation, and guarantees valid messages in terms of MTF format rules.
- User definable special messages; html, XML, ..
- LDAP Support
- Use of MS Outlook or any other mail client
- Very fast seamless map view with OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) WMS standards for position reporting including GEO, UTM, MGRS
- COP (Common Operational Picture) integration with OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) WMS standard map view for full Situation Awareness
- On-line help for message, sets and fields
- Native Language Support (NLS)
- Powerful Technical Support
- And more...